Summerford is a survival horror game inspired by the classics of the genre.
The island of Summerford was the site of the United Kingdom’s first nuclear power station, and a popular family tourist destination.
In 1986, a catastrophic reactor failure occurred at the nuclear plant. The resulting fires and fallout led to the death of thousands of workers and residents. Following a botched evacuation effort, the island of Summerford was placed into a complete and permanent quarantine.
For 34 years, no civilian has stepped foot on Summerford - until now. Urban explorer Samantha Linden is about to discover that the location holds more secrets than she could ever have imagined.
- Classic Survival Horror - Inspired by the "golden age" of survival horror classics like the original Resident Evil, Silent Hill and Alone in the Dark, Summerford is a third person action adventure game with fixed perspective cameras and a careful mix of combat, exploration and puzzle solving.
- Modernised Gameplay - Summerford is inspired by the classics but not beholden to them. With a more accessible and subtle UI, the choice between traditional “tank” and modernised controls and design, pacing and gameplay tweaks created to bring Survival Horror into the 21st century and remove much of the frustration of older games.
- Explore Summerford - Reclaimed by nature and abandoned to time, the island of Summerford is ripe for exploration. From the silence of the quaint village streets to the haunted beauty of the Dream Valley theme park, there’s always something new to discover.
- Discover the Secrets of the island - Unravel the mystery of the Summerford nuclear disaster, meet the remaining residents of the island and face far more personal demons in a focused, narrative horror experience with multiple endings./li>
Teaser Trailer — Vimeo
Logo & Icon
- Our Discord Server
About Noisy Valley Studios
- Noisy Valley Studios is a three person, family run indie studio founded in 2019 by Robert Clarke, his brother Daniel Nethersole and Daniel’s wife, Sarah Nethersole. We work out of a spare room in Daniel and Sarah’s house in the middle of the English countryside, where we are currently developing the classic survival horror title, Summerford.
- More information
- More information on Noisy Valley Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
- Daniel Nethersole
- Developer and Designer
- Rob Clarke
- Producer and Designer
- Sarah Nethersole
- Lead Artist